Welcome to my crazy life

This is a blog of a single mom trying to make it in the world. Come share the ups and downs with me.

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Stupid freakin state government!!!!

So the state is no longer funding all day kinder in elementary school. The schools are moving to a fee based structure. All day kinder at my son's school now costs $800 per student per year. I hate it, but there was nothing that I could do to change that. Then I found out that only four students have not enrolled for all day Kinder. I decided that is not acceptable. I am trying to get funding now for scholarships for the remaining students who can't afford it. I am really not happy with the concept of the poor students getting less education. Really REALLY not happy with it. I am the interim president of the Booster club for the summer. I have decided that if I am going to have to be the interim president, that I am going to scratch my itch. Getting the $3,200 is a whole 'nother ball of wax. I made some phone calls today and had two strike outs. I am going to keep trying. I do not understand how people think it is ok to leave four students out, just because their parents can't afford to make an $800 payment. I just need to find the right group to pitch to. I need ideas and they are not coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment