Welcome to my crazy life

This is a blog of a single mom trying to make it in the world. Come share the ups and downs with me.

Friday, January 1, 2016

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year!
My party last night was a great success. A good time was had by all! Jim Freeh came by with two of his friends from Seattle, Michelle and Noe Parces came with a friend from Noe's work, Ingrid, Pearl, Keaton and Amariah, and James and Patti Racina were all here. I had quite the full house! The conversation was great. Then we broke out the card game Cards Against Humanity and we all almost died of laughter. I am so lucky to have so many wonderful people in my life. It was a really good way to start the New Year!
I am still waiting for my ex-husband to bring my boy back home. I miss him a lot. I don't think that my ex husband understands that a week without Clayton is really weird for me. I have him almost everyday. I know that it is good for me to create a bit of separation and that Clayton have time without me. I just miss him when he is gone. I guess that is to be expected.
Well on to a new year and a new outlook on life. Hahaha. I do kind of laugh at the whole resolution thing. However, it is never bad to take a look at life and try to make commitments to be better. I am going to try to be present. To really take time and live the life in front of me. Time goes by to quickly, and often I find myself wrapped up in all of the little pesky things. I am going to make an effort not to do that. I want to spend as much time enjoying life as possible. In that vein, I decided last night that Clayton and I should take a trip together this summer. Just the two of us. I don't know where we will go or what I can afford. I think I will start to look at San Diego. Clayton loves it there. Maybe we can hit the San Diego Zoo. He has always wanted to get back there. I might try to find a small condo to rent from homeaway.com. I think it is a good place to start looking.
I hope everyone had a safe and happy new year. Here is to 2016 being a good year.

No comments:

Post a Comment