Welcome to my crazy life

This is a blog of a single mom trying to make it in the world. Come share the ups and downs with me.

Saturday, January 2, 2016

Hanging with friends and new water heater

I am super sad that my winter break is coming to a close. I wish I could have one more week. However I have had a bunch of time to catch up with friends and hang out with my family. All in all, it was a good break. I just wish I had more time to sleep in! Hahaha. Don't we all?
So I woke up this morning all excited cause I was going to hang out with my buddy Ro. I got up, made coffee as always, caught up on the internet and then went to take a shower. When I turned on the hot water, there was none. Crap. My water heater is old and hasn't been functioning quite like it needed to for awhile. My nice long hot showers have been getting shorter and shorter. So I knew when no hot water was coming out that the water heater had finally kicked the bucket. So one extremely short cold shower later, I called the plumber. They said they could come out to replace the water heater in about two to three hours. At that point I was like crap! I really wanted to hang with Ro today. So I called her and let her know what was up. Clayton and I rushed around, got ready and left to pick her up. At least that way I could spend some time with her and at least I could run the errand we needed to get her yarn for blankets that she needed to make. So we picked her up and went directly to Michaels to get the yarn. I was grateful that Clayton was with us because I am not quite sure how we would have navigated the store, a cart full of yarn and me helping Ro navigate without his help. Any who, we finished with the shopping and started off for our usual IHOP lunch. Right as I was about to turn into the IHOP parking lot the repairman called. Ro said that she wouldn't mind hanging out at my house while the repair guy replaced the water heater. Sweet! So an hour or so later I had a new water heater and we were off again to IHOP. This time we went to the IHOP on Grant that both Ro and I used to work at. Man that IHOP is much better than the one on Oracle. The food was delicious, although I totally cheated and got French Toast, and the company was awesome. After that we stopped by Starbucks so that Ro could try the Peppermint Mocha that one of her online friends had told her to try. Then we dropped Ro off at home.
After dropping Ro off at home, Clayton wanted to go spend a Walmart gift card that he had gotten for Christmas. Since neither Clayton or I like to shop at Walmart, we decided to get it over with. We stopped by the newer Walmart at El Con. Man was that a waste of time. The toy section was practically empty. We checked out the video game section and there was nothing there either that he wanted. So we decided to give the Walmart out by our house a try. At least there he was able to get new Chicago Bears and U of A baseball hats and we were able to pick up the game Yatzee too. He is finally to the point were we can play board games without fighting. Thank God for medication!!
Tomorrow is my last day off work. I think that Clayton and I will head out somewhere like Mount Lemmon or hit the tram at Sabino Canyon. I would like to get out on the last day and not just spend the whole day inside. We to do much of that anyway. If we go somewhere tomorrow I will try to take some pictures to show off our adventures!
I am really apprehensive about going back to work. I love the kids, but do no like my co-workers. There are a couple that I don't mind, but they are the quiet ones! The loud, obnoxious ones are the ones I see most often. Ug. I am going to try and hang on till the end of the school year. Then I have to start the whole process of finding a new job. I am not looking forward to that either. I really hate starting new jobs. It is time for me to go, I just hate having to learn new stupid rules and getting my feet under me. I am hoping to stay in schools, but I don't know if that will be an option. Will see what I can find. If I can't stay with schools, I will look at non-profits or to organizations that help people. I really enjoy helping people get what they need. Hopefully I can find something.

No comments:

Post a Comment