Welcome to my crazy life

This is a blog of a single mom trying to make it in the world. Come share the ups and downs with me.

Monday, January 4, 2016

1st day back... ug training....

So I had my first day back at work today from Winter Break. Ug. The first day back is always the toughest. Today was tough because we had our big District Training. The good news about them starting the semester with training is that we then don't have our MLK holiday messed up like we normally do. Today was mostly BS. Talking about things that I already knew. The problem with staying in a District over 5 years is that you know most of what they are going to say before they say it. I pretty much know everything that I need to know. That is mostly because I pay attention! Most of the ladies that work the Front Office at the other sites couldn't find their head with a flashlight and a map. It always amazes me that more people don't take their jobs are seriously as I do. It is a double edged sword because I am very good at what I do, but it sucks because I do more work than most of the other Front Offices. The good news is that I was recognized today for my hard work. I was recognized as the best front office person in the District. I even got this nifty certificate below. I wish it had come with a check, but I will take what I can get. The first day back with the students is tomorrow. I am looking forward to seeing them again.
Clayton started his first day back today too. My parents were out of town with my brother, his wife and his kids. So, I really felt the pressure of a single mom this morning when I looked at the weather forecast. Today was supposed to be Clayton's first day to ride the bus home, but it was predicted that we would get hit with rain storms today. When I looked at the hour by hour forecast, it predicted an 80% chance of rain right at the time that he would be walking home from the bus stop. So I called several different people to try and see if they could pick Clayton up from school. My friend, who also happens to be my dad's business partner was more than willing to pick him up. I was so grateful! I had this picture in my mind of the boy walking home in the rain with his huge backpack and his trumpet. It was a sad image that I was ever so grateful not to have to worry about. Thankfully my mom and dad will be back tomorrow and will be able to pick him up and drop him off. The weather is supposed to be rainy and cold all week. I will try to get him to ride the bus starting the second week back. Hopefully if we get him to ride the bus, it will totally eliminate the need for my mom to pick him up. I would prefer to us to operate completely on our own without the need to depend on others. Hopefully next week we can start that.
Well I am exhausted and I have a very looooong day ahead of me tomorrow. So see ya later!

No comments:

Post a Comment