Welcome to my crazy life

This is a blog of a single mom trying to make it in the world. Come share the ups and downs with me.

Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Let's try this again...

So, once again I am going to try and blog. Life is just so busy working full time and raising a quickly growing young man.
My son will be turning 12 next month. 12! How in the heck has 12 years gone by? Then my mind starts racing about the fact that he will be driving in four years. Ack! He is an amazing young man. Since my last blog we were able to finally nail down that his behavioral issues are actually anxiety. He was diagnosed with generalized anxiety disorder this past spring. After many nasty fights with my ex-husband, we put him on medication. He has been on the medication now for 9 months now. It has made a massive difference. He is able to actually take a deep breath and gain control. I am happy to report that he is doing much better in school. His 1st semester report card came home with one B and the rest were A's.
I am hoping that 2016 will be a lot more calm. With my kiddo on the right path now, I am hoping to have this be the year of self reflection and self improvement. We all have those things that just get to us, ya know, annoying co-workers, kids, family, etc. I am going to try to go with the flow. I am going to try and be a bit more centered. Will see. I am hoping the blog can help with that. If I take the time at least once a week to sit down, type it out and reflect on everything.
Speaking of 2016, I am having a party here at the house for New Years. I normally have a party every year. I think I have finally learned how to throw a decent New Years party. I am hoping that it will be better than last year. Last year I decided to have a party two days in advance. I ended up with people who had no where else to go. Normally I am happy with that. However last year one of my friends from high school got so drunk that we spent an hour propping her up and trying to keep her from throwing up in my living room. Ick. We had to send her home at 10 pm. So - this year I invited my friends in advance. I am hoping not to have anyone throwing up at 9:30 pm. We have a much tamer night planned. I will have music, wine, food and thanks to my cousin, Cards Against Humanity. Now I just need to get off my butt and clean the house and decorate!
Alright kiddos, I am tired and I need to sleep! Stay safe my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment