Welcome to my crazy life

This is a blog of a single mom trying to make it in the world. Come share the ups and downs with me.

Thursday, November 5, 2009

Assholes and Elbows

So I went to the former in-laws for Trick-or-Treat on Halloween. We do this every year and I have decided that this will be the last year that I go there. You know those moments that make you stop and say, "Damn, I really hate these people?" Yeah I had one of those. They are all backwards hicks, drunks and assholes.

My ex fits perfectly in this picture because he decided that he would wear bright orange lingerie and walk down the street holding a beer and a cigar. Now that is class with a capital K. Icky. Then I spent most of the night sitting in the corner by myself watching the six kids that were there because everyone else was too focused on getting drunk to watch the kids. Fantastic. I have decided that I am not going back there for any other "family" celebration. My ex and I have been divorced for over two years and I am really tired of his family.

So, I have this other problem in that I have a friend who I am close to severing my relationship with her. She constantly lies about the stupidest things. I hate to make my social circle smaller, but I am not sure that I can take the "I'm an expert on things that I have no clue to" shit that she pulls. I really don't know what to do with it.

The good news is that I am doing my traditional "Friends" Thanksgiving again this year. For the last six years I have done a friends Thanksgiving celebration. I like to think that friends are the family that you choose and I like to celebrate the holidays with them. So, we do a Thanksgiving and a New Years celebration. Now that my friend P has a house and I do to, we actually have enough room now to do them right. I love fall, it is my absolute favorite time of the year. So here's to a relaxing and stress free fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment